My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Election Day!


Don't forget election day in Alabama is June 1!
Far be it from me to tell my highly educated readers who to vote for, but here are some suggestions.

I endorse the following candidates:

Governor: Roy Moore

Lieutenant Governor: Gene Ponder

Attorney General: Luther Strange

State Treasurer: George Wallace Jr.

State Commissioner of Agriculture & Industries: Dale Peterson

United States Senator: N.C. "Clint" Moser

Supreme Court Justice, Place 2: Mike Bolin

Supreme Court Justice, Place 3: Tom Parker

Public Service Commission, Place 1: Chris Beeker

Public Service Commission, Place 2: Chip Brown


And on a more local note, if you live in Alabama's 6th Congressional District please consider voting for Stan Cooke, NOT Spencer Bachus. Bachus has been in office WAY to long (17 years).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnson said...

What are your thoughts on Hank Irwin?

May 29, 2010 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger RM said...

I like the sticker, mind if I put it on my blog? I am guessing George Wallace Jr is the late Governor's son? Wallace was one of the last of the "Old Breed" of statesman, he may have been lacking in some areas, but he had the guts to stand against federal tyranny. Maybe we can get Mr. Moore elected and he will "Stand in the Courthouse Door" next time they try to remove the Ten Commandments from a court room......
I had the priviledge of meeting Judge Moore at the Witherspoon School of Law and Public policy two years ago. He is an outstanding speaker, and a man of God, who is not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.

Deo Vindice.

RG

May 30, 2010 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Johnson:
Hank Erwin is a good choice. He's very principled, however, Gene Ponder seems to be a little more radical (he dares to say "federal tyranny", which I've never heard Hank Erwin do).
Obviously, it's up to you, but look Ponder up and read some of his stuff.

RG:
No problem, I found it on some bumper sticker website. You are correct. I have had the privilege of meeting Mr. Wallace and he is a walking history book. Judge Moore is a great man and we'll do our best to see him elected.

May 31, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home