My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Project...

Howdy, y'all!
Sorry for the slow posting. We have been sooo busy these last several weeks- trying to keep up with our garden, helping some friends with their garden, cutting grass, building a shed, and working on our truck.

1966 Ford F100

We got this truck last summer and the radiator went out while hauling limbs in December. I ended up replacing the motor mounts, the radiator, radiator hoses, and the fan blade. I'd never been involved in a mechanic type project like this before, so I learned a lot (like, unscrew the radiator from the truck frame before disconnecting the hoses...or you'll be laying in a puddle of antifreeze!).

The new internals

So that's purty much it!

Hay season is almost here, and I probably won't be posting very often for the next several months. Just lovin' and laughin' and bustin' our backs and we call it all livin' the dream...

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Alright! Now you just need to get Michael's 4-wheeler working. See y'all Sunday!

Chris

May 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Yeah, we're working on it!

"Press On"...

May 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger RM said...

Looks like y'all are about as busy as we have been LOL! Does that have the 300 straight six in it?

May 11, 2010 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

How's your farm doing?

It's actually 240 CI. straight six.
Nice little truck!

May 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger RM said...

I see.

Well things are pretty busy, I have barely had a chance to check the blogs, let alone post.
I have been working every day but the Lord's Day since winter time. I got a new truck as well, now I have a slightly wrecked '78 3/4ton 4x4 with a 400 mod in it, a Flatbed GMC 1 ton 4x4 with a 454 in it, and my latest addition is an 87 Toyota 2wd with a 5 speed in it. It looks like you have a good little truck there, how does the 24o run?

RG

RG

May 19, 2010 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

RG:
I hope you all are staying healthy! I know that can be a huge drain when the busy season sets in.

The engine used to vibrate the whole truck pretty bad, but this problem was improved by replacing the motor mounts.

May 24, 2010 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger RM said...

Stephen,
I am trying :D.
Yeah, bad motor mounts cause vibration pretty bad, if it didn't fix it all the way, check your U joints... My 84 GMC vibrated pretty bad but that fixed it right off.

RG

May 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Rg:
Ok, thanks! Right now, the main problem is that the gears will occasionally get stuck. For instance, it won't shift out of 1st. Our mechanic greased 'em pretty good, but methinks that is only a temporary fix.

May 31, 2010 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger R said...

I'm guessing its got a three speed on the column? I've had problems with them popping out of gar when the synchronizers went out. But I have never had it stick in a gear....

June 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home