My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Farming 101: Moving the Bull


If you have a Jersey bull calf that you are trying to get to go through a gate, but does not want to go through the gate, he automatically pulls in the opposite direction. Simply turn around and pull him away from the gate. He will automatically pull against you, in the direction you want him to go. Then, you can let him back through the gate, allowing him to think that he is winning the tug of war.

-from the author's personal experience

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Green Gardening Girl said...

Ha Ha!!

People always make cows and farm life sound easy and beautiful. I kind of thought so to until the Lees cow stood on me, their baby calf jumped on my back, and the Mommy and the Baby got in a tussle while I was attached to "big momma". WOW!!


Jessica

March 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger RM said...

Cows are a pain sometimes, and I have tried what you talked about with some success before LOL!

March 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Jess:
Oh my! Sounds like you had a rough time!

RM:
Yeah, I would have worked with him a little bit but it was too dang cold!

March 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Reverse psychology applied to cows; I love it!

March 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home