My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Farm Update, Part 2

Well, a lot of our produce in coming in now, we have beans coming out of our ears. The corn is tasseled, the squash and cucumbers are coming in, and the tomatoes are about to turn red.

(Those empty beds formerly had kale growing in them.)

Corn

Our mother rabbit had five more babies several weeks ago... it's amazing how fast those things produce!!!



Several weeks ago, we went fishing for the first time this year. The Lord blessed our efforts and we caught 12 Largemouth Bass and 1 Brim in about an hour and a half.






Fun Times!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

And I thought that I was the only one who knew about Rebel lures for bass!
Great minds must think alike after all. ;)

BTW, please tell Mr. Boyd that I like his hat!
~Mike

July 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Gravelbelly said...

Beans coming out of your ears? Seems you should have been more careful where you planted them.

;-)

It is a great blessing to enjoy the bounty of the land. Enjoy!

July 6, 2009 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks for the comments, guys! Sorry it's taken so long to get back, we were scrambling around to a family reunion.

Mike:
I don't remember if that's a Rebel lure or not, but I'll take your word for it.
Dad said thanks. ;) I'm so sorry we missed the Calvin lecture at the Guild. :(

Gravelbelly:
Hah! What I meant was that we just had alot of them, but I think you got that. ;)

Yes, God has been very good to us!
I trust your garden has likewise sucess.

July 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home