My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Who'd Have Thought?...

...One year ago, when B. Hussein Obama won the Democratic nomination, that he'd win? I certainly didn't. I thought perhaps a member of the Republican party would pull it off. "After all, our nation is still really conservative. "
Then McCain was nominated and it got worse. Palin became his choice for vice president and the decision was narrowed to a liberal and a liberal. The thing that really burned me up, was all of the Christians that threw their support to McCain, and lost their reputation. Guys like Dr. Dobson and Doug Wilson.
Fortunantly, there were some leaders left, like Pastor Morecraft and Doug Phillips. Their example is a lesson to us all: don't settle for anything less than the standard set in God's word.

I'm actually kind of glad that B. Hussein Obama was elected. His radical views have shocked many Americans into the Second Millenium. If McCain had been elected, imagine how many Christians would have just rolled over and gone back to sleep? Automobile industries are now government or foreign owned. Banks are next.
And yet our leader seems to think he has it all under control.

I don't know what God has in store for our country, but I can't wait to find out. It's going to be really exciting!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Exciting or foreboding?

June 4, 2009 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

I believe that everything that happens is for God's glory, and since my chief end is to glorify God and enjoy him forever, I am excited!

June 6, 2009 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger Johann Van De Leeuw said...

Unfortunately, secular American people do not understand nor care anymore; they are simply ready to be led. According to Voddie Baucham, less than 10% of our population is regenerate. It is hard to tell how many secular people are awake to the situation. Just throwing that out there.

June 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Ishkie said...

America is, after all, a secular country. We are not a theocracy. And I wonder -- do you refer to him as "B. Hussein Obama" because it makes him sound more Islamic? He is a Christian, not that it matters terribly much. A good person is a good person. And are you aware that Christians, Hebrews, and Muslims all worship the same God with different prophets? I ask because it doesn't seem like people realize this anymore and it scares me. I cannot stand the inter-religion hatred that I see.

As for automobile companies being "government of foreign-owned," this is because they could not self-regulate. Had they been able to do this, there would have been no need for government interference. You should listen to Planet Money if you want to learn about the economy. It's a great podcast, for free, on iTunes. I like it because it puts the whole mess into layman's terms so people like me can understand it.

June 20, 2009 at 3:33 AM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

America is now a pagan nation, having fallen from the Christian Republic we once were.
What makes you think that Obama is a Christian?
He condones murder and homosexuality, sins which are punishable by death according to the Bible. As a civil magistrate, one who is bound to uphold the law of God, he is not doing his duty.
We all worship the same God? Then why would the same God that says "love your enemies" turn around and say "kill everyone who doesn't agree with you", as the Muslim faith teaches?
I don't hate people of other religions. I pray that I am a Christian example to those who do not serve the Lord. The Bible says that if you hate your brother, you have murdered him in your heart, therefore I don't hate people of other religious beliefs.

My personal opinion on the failure of the auto industry is because of the communistic unions that run the companies. Notice that there aren't any problems like that at the Mercedes plant here in AL.

Thanks for the recommendation, definitly something to look into.

I might recommend to you, if you are interested in hearing more of where I get most of my information on history, the History of the Reformation audio series by Joe Morecraft:
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=sermonsspeaker&sermonID=3270411219

June 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Johann Van De Leeuw said...

It is unfortunate that we are not a theocracy. A return to the values of the founding fathers would solve a lot of problems in our country.

June 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home