My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Gun Permit Applications On The Rise: Change Has Come To America!

Gun permit applications up 79% in Georgia.

One thing that really impressed me as I was reading that article was the reasons given by the citizens for arming themselves:

I believe there is a greater need for personal protection now than ever before...

I don't trust the federal government, the state government or the local government to do the right thing. I believe in self-reliance...

I wanted to add myself to the number of people with permits to send a message to the powers that be that we represent a very large voting block...

I guess, in a way, Obama has done a great deal to help the gun market. At the same time, it's giving criminals a hard time. All these folks owning guns is going to make them think twice before they act.
And while we're on the subject of politics, allow me to express my extreme displeasure toward the the Republican senators who stabbed us in the back when they voted for the confirmation of Eric Holder!
Kudos to the two men who stood alone: Tom Coburn (OK) and John Cornyn (TX)!

As I'm sure many others did, we sent an email to our senator (Jeff Sessions), asking him not to vote for Holder, but, I guess the bad guys paid him more money.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

- Luke 22:36

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger RGM said...

Its very encouraging to see the rise of gun-ownership and concealed carry in GA and elsewhere, however, do we ever think about the meaning of "Gun Permit" or "Concealed Carry Permit"? A Permit is permission to do something that is otherwise illegal. Owning and carrying a weapon is a God-given Constitution-confirmed right and duty of the sovereign citizen.

RGM

February 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

I think the author of the article got mixed up, but you do bring up a good point.
It's kinda like the marriage license, having to ask the state for permission to do something we are already allowed to do according to scripture.

Thanks for the comment.

February 3, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home