My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Tyrant Rules

But the word is very near unto thee: even in thy mouth, and in thine heart, for to do it. Behold, I have set before thee this day life and good, death and evil, In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandment, and his ordinances, and his laws, that thou mayest live, and be multiplied, and that the Lord thy God may bless thee in the land, whither thou goest to possess it. But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not obey, but shalt be seduced and worship other gods, and serve them, I pronounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, ye shall not prolong your days in the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to possess it. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing....

Deut. 30:14-19


Barack Hussein Obama is president of the United States. I still do not mentally grasp the implications of this. I would be writing this post anyway, assuming McCain was elected, but this is absolutely unbelievable. As I'm writing this the various CNN commentators are singing the praises of our new president in the background.

But fear not! God is in control! The election happened to His honor and glory and, as I've stated many times, our duty is clear: stand on the word of God and his promises.

The things the media is saying, though, are making me have a very un-Christian attitude! Several interesting points:

One of the commentators noted that the Southern (quote, "Confederate") states voted more conservatively than the Northern (quote, "Union") states. I thought it was interesting to hear the press acknowledge this.

I found rather humorous the comment by one of the folks at CNN that there "aren't enough" Christian conservatives to "make a difference anymore". That seems to be rather short-sighted, though possibly true for the short term.

In closing, I say:

Ceasar had his Brutus, Charles I his Cromwell, George III his Patrick Henry, Abraham Lincoln his John Wilkes Booth, and Barack Obama may profit from their example: men who set themselves against God and lost their power as a result.

Good night, and God save America.


Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

That's interesting that the folks at CNN would aknowlege that most Christians are conservative, even though they would defend to the death that Obama is one (a Christian).

If Obama is Saved (which I totally doubt) he should read Acts 12:21-23.
Someone who has been called the things he has and still has not given the glory to God is probably not a Christian.

By the way, great post Stephen.

God Bless,
~Mike

November 5, 2008 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

America's two favorite gods for decades have been celebrity and government; Obama is just the latest example of what it looks like when the two merge.

Now that he's official, it will be interesting to see how long the honeymoon period lasts.

November 5, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Ana Smith said...

God is sovereign. My trust in Him has not diminished. He was in control when Hitler and Stalin came to power.

How I live as a Christian did not change last night, nor will it change, regardless of who is the lesser authority of my country. God is the ultimate authority of the U.S. And if Obama brings more judgment on America, we deserve it.

The CNN comment is true to a certain extent. True Christian conservatives are continually dwindling. I was disturbed, and yet sort've used to it after Bush, by the number that voted for McCain. I was shocked by the number of Christians that voted for Obama.

I commented on an interesting PBS interview with young evangelicals on politics:

http://inpursuit-ana.blogspot.com/2008/11/young-evangelicals-and-politics.html

November 5, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Stephen G. said...

GREAT post Stephen. I hope American Christens will wake up and see how far our country has fallen since it was founded. A few days ago I saw a video about the pilgrims, it said that "the pilgrims worked hard for what we have today, I'm sure they would be pleased with what we Americans have done, and how America is today" I am not so sure, I think our founding fathers would be amazed by some things (cars, airplanes, lights, etc) but would not like a lot of what they saw (indecent clothing, a non-Christen as president, taxes so high, etc).

By the way one of your sisters names are Hannah Jane? I heard it was, my sisters name is Hannah Jane! then there is Caleb and Caleb, and you and myself!

God bless
Stephen

November 5, 2008 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks for the interesting comments everyone.

Stephen: Yep, I do have a sis named Hannah Jane. It's kinda funny how many names we share with folks we go to church with.

November 5, 2008 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Great post!!!

I have not posted anything political on my blog because my Daddy just didn't want me to, but he has no problem with this so here I go...

It still has not hit me yet that he will soon be our President. I missed the vote by two months, and boy did I want to vote!!

I completely agree with you!!

I hear all kinds of views of this election... there's folks saying "How could God let this happen to America?"

Well, I know God is a merciful God, but how long can He bless a nation that murders innocent babies, promotes homosexuality, does not punish adultery, laughs at Christianity, follows Darwin wholeheartedly, and makes fun of families that have more than three children!!

Then I hear about folks happy about this new president (mainly in Athens-yikes!) and how happy they are about CHANGE.

Oh yeah, they'll get their change!
They wanted bona fide change! Ha! They'll get what they wanted!

And change, that's all we'll have left once he's done with us!

It just plumb riles me!

Very interesting times are these!

May the Lord help us continue to live for His glory, no matter what!!

November 5, 2008 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Jess: Thanks for the comment. I completely understand and agree with your father's position on you posting political views on your blog.

Great thoughts! I could not have stated it better. We just need to remember our heritage, stick by our guns, and pray!

Keep up the good work in GA!

November 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Bria said...

"Stick by the guns." AMEN! Thats what dad is saying. Great post Stephen. And, you're tagged!

November 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home