My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Obama As President: Maybe Not So Bad?

....Ok, just kidding! Although it's morally wrong to vote for him, here are some benefits I can see from him getting elected.

He's the most radically liberal president since Abraham Lincoln. I believe that a dedicated minority of Americans will not put up with his tyranny. I mean, if he starts taking our guns, etc., there will be bloodshed. The things Obama stands for are adamantly anti-Christian, therefore we are duty bound to disobey him.

Here's a quote a good friend sent us the other day:

"Many survivalists seem to have the naive notion that if they just buy a ranch in a rural area, grow their own food, have stockpiles of something they can sell and good supply of ammo they'll do well. Of course, in the event society collapses the most important thing will be with who you belong. Individualism will fail miserably-- organized violence by old and newly-formed gangs competing for resources will erupt and no one will be able to counter it alone.

So if I believed in the impeding collapse of the country, I'd be very busy looking for friends. Big men, who know how to fight and have experience doing so. The realistic goal would be an ultra-religious group with clearly defined values, strong hierarchy and history of using force to defend itself."

It's back to the sheepdog versus sheep mentality. Obama's policies will only aggravate the problem.

Are you prepared to fight? All things considered, I'm very excited about what the Lord will do! Perhaps we will be judged worthy to undergo the persecution our forefathers experienced. Perhaps the South will rise again!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Excellent point! It's disturbing to think of Sen. Obama becoming president, but at the same time, I look forward to seeing the separation of the fake Christians and the real ones. Obama will most likely help bring that separation about because it won't be so popular for non-Christians to blend in with true Believers. Whereas McCain would prolong the compromising of solid, Biblical beliefs in our culture.

Bo

November 3, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Son3 said...

I'm gonna have to disagree with that quote.

(All in the name of discussion, of course.)

"Individualism will fail miserably..."

It seems to me that this country was built on Individualism.

There's nothing wrong with having community ties, but in the times ahead, you can only count on your own family.

I think Individualists will be the only ones left in the end.

I also don't think it would be a very good policy to entrust the future of my family with an "ultra-religious group".

All of this is just my humble opinion, but I think it's important enough to bear discussion. :)

November 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Good points. I don't necessarily agree with the quote, I just think it's interesting, having been written by a secular individual, though I don't know who.

I guess you could make a case that our country was built on individualism, but I think it was truly built by "ultra-religious groups with clearly defined values, strong hierarchy and history of using force to defend itself."

Like the Scotch-Irish Presbyterians.

Thanks for the comment.

November 4, 2008 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Bria said...

Great Post Stephen! Are you able to vote this year?

November 4, 2008 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks for the comment.

I turn 18 less than two weeks after the election.
:(

So the answer is: no, I will be unable to throw my vote away this time.

November 4, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home