My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Father Abraham

Here are some interesting articles dealing with whether or not Abraham Lincoln was a Christian. This one is written by Richard Freeman, of the Circa History Guild. The response is written by Bill Potter, also of the Circa Hisotory Guild. Both men bring up some interesting points.

Personally, I do not believe that Abraham Lincoln was a Christian. I hope he is, but I don't think he is.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Son3 said...

Interesting articles.

I, also, doubt his acceptance of Salvation.

He could have become a Christian at any time leading up to his death, but none of us can know.

We will know eventually, though.

October 2, 2008 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Johnny Reb said...

Yes, I, too, often wonder if he was a Christian. I hope that he was, but when you look at his fruits... But then again, who am I to judge?

October 7, 2008 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Johnny Reb: Welcome to my blog! I hope you will enjoy your visit.

P.S.- Have we met before? I like your name, btw.

October 7, 2008 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Johnny Reb said...

No, Stephen, we've never met.
Thanks for the compliment. I chose that name because I am a Confederate War for Southern Independence reenactor.

October 8, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home