My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall!

Fall is in the air and I am very excited!
This is probably going against my environment as a Southerner, but I am a cold weather person. It's my Scottish blood. I always have preferred weather down in the 30s-40s and I'm even happy with the 20s.

The leaves haven't turned yet, but here are a couple of pics from around our place.
"Cold, Frosty Morning..."

Things I like about the Fall:

-Harvest time
-Watching my breath
-Shooting guns
-Dancing
-Late nights
-"Treasonous" talk and good fellowship
-Pretty leaves
- "Fog" on the lake
- Fire in the wood burning stove
- Holiday atmosphere

Ok, I know. Some of these things can be done in the summer too, but, for some reason, they're just more fun in the fall!

And speaking of harvest time...

Our hay was just cut for the last time this year.

As a side note, here's an interesting article I found the other day.

I say if things get really bad, we move to Switzerland!

Fair fa' ye.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

YAY for Fall!!!!

I can agree with every word you said here. It sounds very similar to something I might post. :) Though I've never experienced a fire in a wood burning stove and the only shooting I've done has been with an airsoft gun which, I'm sure, isn't the same.

See ya'll Sunday!

October 18, 2008 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks for the comment!

Never shot a gun?! Oh dear! But I thought you shot your brother's gun?

See y'all tomorrow!

October 18, 2008 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I hear ya!

"It's my Scottish blood. I always have preferred weather down in the 30s-40s and I'm even happy with the 20s."


Yesterday while I and my troop were hiking we ran into a torrential downpour, while I was singing "Garryowen" everyone else was scrambling for their ponchos and talking about how strange it is when my Celtic roots start showing;).

Great pictures btw!

God Bless,
~Mike

October 18, 2008 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

You're right. What I meant was that I've never shot a gun in the fall. :) The weather does seem to make a difference in the experience. At least, it does with an airsoft gun.

October 18, 2008 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Mike:
Thank you, sir. LOL! Keep up the good work! Most Celtic songs are good, but drinking songs are preferred.

Hannah: Ah! I see what you mean. There is definitely a difference. We sooo need to have y'all out....sometime!

October 18, 2008 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Son3 said...

Nice post, Stephen!

I'm a cold weather person too; I guess it MUST be Celt thing! (It's my Irish blood.) ;)

Slainte!

October 19, 2008 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Gravelbelly said...

I've always been able to adapt to the cold weather better than to the heat of summer, too.

The one thing I miss in South Carolina is the crisp snowy winters I grew up with.

Celtic thing or not, cold is cool.

October 19, 2008 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Ana Smith said...

Hannah! Thank you for clarifying, I was starting to get worried. To have never shot a gun and live in the South, well...rofl

October 21, 2008 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Hah! I was about to say, I knew she was more Southern than Californian! LOL!

And, for the record: air soft DOES NOT count!!!!!!

October 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Ana Smith said...

Amen! Air soft, totally doesn't count. lol

October 21, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home