My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Wildlife On The Farm

Although it is not unusual to see various forms of wildlife around our place, there has been an astounding number of wild animal sightings around our house recently.

Here are a few pictures of what we have seen just this week:

These Eastern Wild Turkey came through Monday and Tuesday. I snapped this photo at about 4-500 yards because they wouldn't let me get closer. They are equipped with the highest quality vision of any game bird.

Also on Tuesday, this little beauty trotted across our front yard.

Don't even think it!
Notice how well it blends into the shadows.
These guys came in yesterday evening. I have never seen Canada Geese so far away from a lake before.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

WOW, I would be sorely tempted to ignore local game laws and take the 500 yard shot if all of those gobblers were on my land!

Unfortunatly, the flock of turkeys that we did have crossing our land has been "bribed" into staying on our neighbors property, I guess they don't like my food plot as much as his.

God Bless,
~Mike

August 22, 2008 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger crazylotrfan said...

"I have never seen Canadian Geese so far away from a lake before."

Umm... Steven, hate to say this but, I think it's Canada Geese, not "Canadian". Anyway, cool post! Hope to see ya Sunday!

Chris

August 22, 2008 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Son3 said...

Awful lot of critters crawlin' around your place! Planning on a roast goose this fall?

August 22, 2008 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Mike: Don't think I have not been tempted!

Chris: Thanks for the correction! Duly changed.

Son3: Well, maybe! Traditionally. we fry a turkey.

August 22, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home