My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Southern Heritage Ball

This past weekend, we attended a ball. It was sooooo much fun! In true Southern tradition, we danced from about 6:00 to 11:00...almost. We danced the Gay Gordons (over and over and over...) the Circle Waltz, the Virginia Reel, Mr. Watson's Favorite, and Sellenger's Round. Those are Scottish country dances, with some English and American mixed in, I think.

Usually I will stop and take pictures to post here specifically, but I was having way to much fun dancing! The ball was very well documented, though, and pictures can be found here and here.
Thank you to the Brodocks, who put the whole thing together. It was really a ton of work! Special thanks to the Ferrill Clan for another wonderful dance, especially: Mr. and Mrs. Ferrill, Daniel and Kristen, Micah and Hannah. They did a lot of work!

I received many compliments, throughout the evening, from people who read my blog. Again, thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It's really been a blessing to hear encouraging comments as I seek to follow the Lord's will. Many said that they get their kids to read it so I will really have to watch the things I write here.

As a heads up, you parents might want to scan what I've written for objectionable content because this blog gets a PG-13 rating from this rating service.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger crazylotrfan said...

Hah! A PG rating because of the word "gun". That's hilarious!

God Bless,
Chris

August 18, 2008 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

I know! Isn't that terrible?

August 18, 2008 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger crazylotrfan said...

Yeah, it's terrible that the Classification and Rating Administration (CARA) gives you a PG rating because of the words "gun" "shoot" and "slap". Next they'll be saying that "chewing gum" is a bad phrase. Ridiculous!

August 18, 2008 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Well....I'll just say they could probably come up with a better use of time!

August 18, 2008 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Ana Smith said...

The ball was soooo... much fun! I really enjoyed your presentation on Southern music. I thought the story behind the banjo was especially interesting. You also did a great job playing the banjo and dancing. :-)

August 19, 2008 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Why, thank you! *sweeping bow*

Hopefully I didn't step on too many toes (or skirts).

Our church realllly needs to do things like that more often!

August 19, 2008 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Gravelbelly said...

Well, Stephen, as you might guess, WARSKYL has an "R" rating.

The reasons given include the following words:
* punch (9x)
* knife (7x)
* dangerous (3x)
* gun (1x)

August 26, 2008 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks for the comment.

The *worse* the rating the *better* the content, I say.

It's interesting the antithesis between the world's standards and biblical standards.

August 26, 2008 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks for the comment.

The *worse* the rating the *better* the content, I say.

It's interesting the antithesis between the world's standards and biblical standards.

August 26, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home