My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Friday, August 29, 2008

On The Inaguration Of Tyranny

Fareweel to a' our Scottish fame,
Fareweel our ancient glory!
Fareweel ev'n to the Scottish name.
Sae famed in martial story!
Now Sark rins over Salway sands,
An' Tweed rins to the ocean,
To mark where England's province stands --
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

What force or guile could not subdue
Thro' many warlike ages
Is wrought now by a coward few
For hireling traitor's wages.
The English steel we could disdain,
Secure in valour's station;
But English gold has been our bane --
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

O, would, or I had seen the day
That Treason thus could sell us,
My auld grey head had lien in clay
Wi' Bruce and loyal Wallace!
But pith and power, till my last hour
I'll mak this declaration :-
'We're bought and sold for English gold'--
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

- Robert Burns

translation

Now, re-read that poem and substitute "Christian" where "Scottish" is and "Ungodly" where "England" or "English" is.

Doug Phillips once said that when tyrants are in power, laws are forgotten.

The abuse of our Constitution is complete.

But even more important, the abuse of God's law is complete.

I watched Obama's acceptance speech and I watched McCain make his choice for vice president. The funny thing was, there is no difference in the speeches! I agree with both parties that we need change, but you change by doing something different, not by doing more of what's causing the problem. Members, of both parties have been making statements about such-and-such being a historical event, or "150 years ago today....." They probably think they are showing off their knowledge of history, but they are really showing off their ignorance of it! Both parties are screaming for reform, asserting that their particular candidate will cause "progress in America", while they deny The Source of all progress! The ending benediction by the so-called "pastor" at the DNC was a perfect example of this. He began a prayer, but he interrupted himself at the end. To the audience he said, basically, "y'all end this prayer however the religion you practice dictates, on the count of three". Also, the sentiments of Obama were echoed by McCain. In speaking of what he intended to do, he said, "there are families that need to be educated, farms that need to be saved..." etc. What happened to government not being the solution to the problem, but the problem itself?

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Psalm 2:1-5

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Ana Smith said...

I watched parts of the democratic convention this week and was disgusted. Especially by the fact that they all sound the same.

This afternoon my mom and I were in Birmingham shopping. We drove past a homeless man on the side of the road w/a sign. Some of Obama's phrases came to mind. I commented to my mom that, Obama would have said that was evidence of the need for 'change,' evidence for where the government had failed. What came to my mind was that yes, that homeless man is evidence of failure. I don't know his situation, but the failure lies either on his false reliance on the government, laziness on account of his sin nature, or on the Church.

It seems to me that tyrants are constantly trying to find more things for the government to do:

"One problem with politicians in Washington is that when problems they create come to a head, they typically feel this irresistible urge to do something, rather than to un-do something."-Ron Paul, a.k.a. Dr. No

Several months ago Obama said something to the effect that he wanted to teach morality to his daughters and hope that they would subsequently make the right choices with their sex life. But, he also wanted them to know that they had a "choice" in case they made a mistake.

Last night he made references to sodomites as his brothers and sisters, and that we might not all agree on abortion, but we can agree on what to do with unwanted pregnancies. Interesting morality he's teaching his daughters, ay?

I'm not even going to start my ravings on McCain's running-mate choice.

Great post, Stephen!

August 29, 2008 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Great comment!

Mr. Obama is definitely using an unbiblical definition of morality.

I later thought, if everyone knows that Obama is breaking our countries laws by running for president, because he was born in Kenya, and since our countries laws are of no consequence, why don't us underage voters vote this time? I mean, if Obama got away with it, shouldn't we be able to get away with it also? After all, we are responsible citizens.

I would encourage you to do a post on McCain's choice of running mate.

August 29, 2008 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Son3 said...

I think you're on to something, Stephen! If illegal Mexicans can vote, why can't we?

August 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Ana Smith said...

Careful, Stephen...I've already been upset that I'm only 7 months too young to vote in the presidential election. lol Although, I've also been wondering if I should vote as a woman. Is Ron Paul still running?

Ah, hah! now we know the purpost of your poll. lol ;-)

I think Olivia's already done a better job than I with posting on Palin.

I hadn't caught that about Obama though, I looked it up in the Constitution just to double check. I can't believe that's not become a huge issue! :-(

August 30, 2008 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

7 months? That's nothin'! I turn 18 about a week after the election. As to whether women should vote, I say that is soley the father/husband call.

I don't believe that Ron Paul is still running, since McCain is the Republican choice. Chuck Baldwin is who I'm supporting.

Could you send me a link to Olivia's blog? I've been meaning to link to her.

August 30, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Gravelbelly said...

I think conservatives have been misled for over a generation. They think they can reduce gov't by voting the right candidate into office.

Using politics to cure statism is like using gasoline to fight fire.

September 1, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Great point!

We don't take into account the depravity of man and his sin nature. It is very important not to rest for a moment, we assume that once we vote the "right person" into office, that we can relax our guard, when in fact, that's when we should be the most alert.

September 1, 2008 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Ana Smith said...

-I won't be complaining about not being able to vote anymore. :-)

-Liv's blog: http://heartofhannah.blogspot.com/

-You can look on my blog to see the kind of music I like.

September 1, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home