My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Such A Parcel Of Rouges In A Nation...

I can't really say that I'm surprised that Obama is the democratic nominee, but it is disconcerting to say the least. So this means that as we enter the new year, America could be set up to go: with a democratic president and a democratic majority in congress.

I believe that God has for-ordained what will come to pass, and all things work for his glory, so it is with excitement, and trepidation, that I look forward to the events of the future.
There is not a noticeable difference between democrats and republicans nowadays. Both parties have an agenda for expanding government control, and thus, tyranny. Thomas Jefferson once said, "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government" (italics mine). Although guns are to be used strictly as a last resort, one of the first things tyrants will do is step up gun laws.

That's what Hitler did.

I fully expect gun restrictions to skyrocket if Obama, or McCain, is elected. So trust in God, and keep your powder dry!

Author's note: Obama was unofficially nominated on Jefferson Davis's birthday.....and all my buddies are buying....airsoft!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dlr said...

You should try living in Illinois...

June 6, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

No thanks! I'm proud to be a Southerner!

Btw, what is the gun situation in Illinois? I would guess that it would not be really bad because Illinois has a more agrarian economy.

June 6, 2008 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

That Jefferson quote is amazing! Believe it or not, I never knew he said that, because I say it all the time! It's common sense. If they want to control us, take away our guns, then we can't rebel, like we did against Britain!

You can have my gun (and knife!) when you pry it from my cold, dead, and bloody fingers! Bwa!

June 6, 2008 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

I believe that the so-called "right to rebel", also applies to Southern secession.

It is amazing how smart our founding fathers actually were! I don't agree with Jefferson on alot of things, especially after he was influenced by the french revolution, but this is one of his better quotes!

June 6, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home