My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie

Redeemed Sinner. Deep Roots. Southern Heart.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Portrait of a Man: Leonard Holifield

L-R: Michael, Dad, Dr. Holifield, Stephen

This past weekend, our family watched A Legend & A Legacy: The True Story of Leonard C. Holifield. About two years ago, when Judge Moore ran for governor of Alabama, my family had the privelige of helping host a political rally for the Judge near our home. I had the honor of also meeting Dr. Holifield, who was Judge Moore's bodyguard. I was impressed by his quiet presence, as well as his knowledge of all things military.

Dr. Holifield is the epitome of the "Christian sheepdog". As the founder of the Sikaron Karate Federation and the International Academy of Executive Protection Agents, he has become a Godly roll model to many young men. One of the things that especially impressed me, from the DVD, was his relationship with his father. Although he had accomplished incredible feats of strength and skill, Dr. Holifield expressed a yearning desire to be more like his dad.

This is a mark of a truly great man. The most important thing in a young man's life, beside his relationship with his Heavenly Father, is his relationship with his earthly father.

I have learned much by Dr. Holifield's example, and I highly recommend
A Legend & A Legacy: The True Story of Leonard C. Holifield.

Author's note: Dr. Holifield's standard PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) is a Glock 40 cal. I must say that he has extremely good taste!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gravelbelly said...

The only way I want to meet Leonard Holifield in a dark alley is if he's my bodyguard.

Cool post.

June 9, 2008 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger Stephen Boyd said...

Thanks!

He has been called the "World's Most Dangerous Man". I was almost to intimidated to shake his hand! But his relationship with God is one of the first things you hear him talk about.

June 10, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home